Sunday 22 March 2015

Bangkok 040315


Bangkok!!! Honestly I wasn’t much excited about Bangkok. Maybe it was because I'd been here before about 5 years ago. I'm more looking forward to entering new countries. Bangkok is known for its temples, Khao San road and the Patpong scene. It was an exposure for Syafiq my travel mate as he went for the temples and I was just snoozing it off in the hotel room that we managed to get for 840 Baht. I was really tired from my long train trip from KL and was like a revenge sleep. And I was not emotionally well. Something hit me but that's that. We spent two nights here in Bangkok

Halal foods are a lot but you have to know where it is by goggling it first. We did that but still got lost because it was in a closed area within a lot of other shops. You have to really open your eyes to look for it and I assure you that there are surely halal food nearby mosques. And near Khao San, Banglamphu area, there's a mosque but it's really inside within houses like it is hiding from every other buildings. Bangkok was really infected by the tourist, you can see them every second. It was new for Syafiq as he had never seen these kind of infection before.

My highlight of the trip in Bangkok was meeting my Prague Film School course mate which I did the filmmaking studies two years back, Parn! Parn was the closest friend at home I had when I was in Czech because we were the only ones from Malaysia and Thailand. Parn brought her friends along to drink coffee with me and decided to bring me to Chao Phraya river view facing the Wat Arun Temple. Initially Syafiq's plan was only to Bangkok and head back Malaysia but somehow he was persuaded to come along with me to Cambodia to sea the 8th wonder of the world Angkor Wat which we bought bus tickets at the very last minute for next morning bus.

Thank you Parn for slipping me in from your busy schedule. Next stop! Siem Reap, Cambodia!


No comments:

Post a Comment