Thursday 26 March 2015

Da Nang. Hoi An 210315

Da Nang put a big smile on my face! After traveling from city to city... it was great to view the beach. I love beaches. First thing I did was to stay at a Hotel nearby the beach, so I can just walk to it. It was just two blocks away. And I kinda need space for myself after being around people for some time.  It was the low season, so a room costed me USD15. After some rest, I head to the My Khe beach. There were not many people here. I was surprised but maybe it was because of the low season. The beach reminds me of Goldcoast, Australia. Long stretch sandy beaches. You can also surf during the monsoon season. At the north of the stretch you can see hills. It was certainly a great view. I wanted to swim so much but I was alone and fear that my beg will get stolen if I left it on the beach. Luckily, an Indian halal shop was just 15 minutes away from my place.

Da Nang is favourite for most Vietnamese for a getaway. During the Vietnam War, the city was home to a major air base that was used by both the South Vietnamese and United States air forces. The base was considered one of the world's busiest airports during the war. I met Lavie & Tai the next day and they surely brought me to the best places within the 8 hours that we had together. Firstly, they brought me to drink coconut with a view of Da Nang only river which had 5 bridges. The famous recently built bridge have a big dragon on it. The lights of the fire from the dragon will only come out during weekends. We were on two motorbikes with Tai carrying me on his bike. After that, they brought me to Song Tra Peninsular to watch one of the most beautiful sunset. It was 20 minutes drive but was simply mesmerizing. From there, you can see the hills and the endless south china sea. Watching the sun goes down was breath taking.

At night they decided to bring me to Hoi An which was 30 minutes away from Da Nang. At first I hesitated as I wanted to see more of Da Nanang but the night life in Da Nang for now was dead. So, we headed for Hoi An. It was quite cool at Da Nang, mainly because it was further up to the north and next to the beach. I wondered what was there in Hoi An - it wasn't even in my plans actually. We had seafood which was considered cheap before we enter further into Anicient city of Hoi An. As I reached there, we took a walk at the Ancient town that was preserved by UNESCO. Oh my it was certainly beautiful with the lights coming from lanterns all around. I didn't know what Hoi An was all about until I was there and then. It reminds me a bit of Melaka. Hội An Ancient Town is an exceptionally well-preserved example of a South-East Asian trading port dating from the 15th to the 19th century. Its buildings and its street plan reflect the influences, both indigenous and foreign, that have combined to produce this unique heritage site. A really big thank you to Lavie & Tai for bringing me around within the short time that we had.

My stay was only for two nights, as i bought my tickets early for Hanoi this time around for the sleeper bus. On my last day was simply walking around at Da Nang beach and somehow with two hours before my train departs, I just had to go swimming in the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment